T.R. Elks 1875 - Horseshoe League Rules
1. Cost per player is $6.00 per night, which is paid whether the player is present or not.
2. Substitutes also pay $6.00 per night.
3. Red and Yellow divisions play to 15 in their divisions, all out of division games will be to 21.
4. Teams must have one regular player present.
5. Game times are 7:00, 7:45, 8:30 and 9:15. If a team is not present they will lose a game every 10 minutes they are late. Please try to arrive 15 minutes before your start time.
6. You must win by 2 points.
7. Ask any neutral player for a ruling on close shoes.
8. Subs are allowed all season, but none in the playoffs and finals.
9. 2 weeks Dues/Fee's is due each week from both team members, if any of the team members is more than 2 weeks overdue the team will forfeit that nights games at the discretion of the controllers of the league.
10. Teams are responsible to get subs as needed.
11. A player must be an ELK or a spouse of an Elk to play or sub.
12. If shoe hits concrete or wood it is a dead shoe and should be removed from pit.
13. Red and Yellow divisions are made up of the lowest 24 Teams from the prior year.
14. Handicap is figured by your PLACE in standings not your POSITION. Example: 2nd place playing 6th place, 6-2=4. The 6th place team gets 4 points every game, with a max of 6 points. Red and Yellow Divisions are 50% of the difference with a max of 4 points.
15. The team getting points shoots first every game.
16. Ties in standings, the lower team number will set your position for Position night (Bumper night).
17. For tournament play the handicap will be based on where a team is seeded.
18. Foul lines, you must start at or behind the stake and are allowed one step from the stake.
19. After playing your games you must report the stats to anyone of the three wonderful people running the league. IF YOU DO NOT, WE ARE NOT BIAS SO WE WILL ASSUME YOU REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR STATS SO EACH TEAM WILL GET 1 1/2 WINS JUST TO KEEP IT FAIR.